Go Back   Club NA-T Forums Turbo Boost HP Car >
Tuning Electronics
> How to choose your electronics
Register FAQ Locate Members! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

How to choose your electronics So many options.... how to choose what's right for your build?

Need help MAF Vs. ECU. I can't figure this out!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
nitro00105
in vacuum

Trader Ratings: (0)
Need help MAF Vs. ECU. I can't figure this out!

Okay, so I have a 1997 Toyota Supra, with a 2JzGE motor in it. The goal is 450 WHP NA-T with the A/C on full blast. I am getting ready to deploy, and upon my return I am going to build the car out the rest of the way (purchase all the parts overseas). Currently I have the AEM FIC-6 (installed), it doesn't allow you to delete the MAF, it wants you to use a MAF clamp setup. But, with that setup, I have to have the recirculation system. But I can't find any information on setting that up. Wether or not to use a aftermarket MAF or the stock, where do i bypass to and the limiting WHP, MAF in general is difficult to tune. Would my issues be resolved if i changed piggy back ECU's to the MAP ECU 2 or 3( or thus similar ECU) And no i am not converting to a full aftermarket standalone for legality issues and i enjoy the daily driver luxuries ( basically get caught with standalone and the car gets crushed). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Offline:   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
nitro00105
in vacuum

Trader Ratings: (0)
remove post
Offline:   Reply With Quote