Go Back   Club NA-T Forums Turbo Boost HP Car >
Tuning Electronics
> Water/Methanol Injection
Register FAQ Locate Members! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Water/Methanol Injection the holy grail...

Post your Meth Kit installs with Rants and Raves
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
armyastro

Post your Meth Kit installs with Rants and Raves

post up your meth injection pics and the good and bad about the install and power gain.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
LexusFTW
NA-T Guru

Trader Ratings: (1)
I'm running the DevilsOwn 250psi pump with a single M12 nozzle. I'm using the stock washer tank for the meth.

On 100% meth and 24psi I made 730whp! I don't know why more people aren't running this stuff! It really is the Holy Grail for pump gas cars.

At 250psi, the M12 nozzle flows more like an M16 but you get better atomization because of the high pressure.

It has definitely changed the way my spark plugs look though. They look really clean and could be mistaken for detonation. They look very similar to plugs on e85 cars. Next time I change my plugs I'll post up some pictures.
Offline:   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
2jz-this
in vacuum

Trader Ratings: (0)
what intercooler setup are you running? that has a dramatic effect on the outcome also

Old 11-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
LexusFTW
NA-T Guru

I'm running the XS Power 4" intercooler.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
michael1990
2 psi

Ohh wow mAybe its worth me running the devils own kit then rather the converting to e85 to run higher boost.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #6
Mr Ree NZ
NA-T Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1990 View Post
Ohh wow mAybe its worth me running the devils own kit then rather the converting to e85 to run higher boost.
How are you Mate??

If you are considering going the E85 route then Im guessing you are well aware of the things you need to do like bigger injectors, bigger pumps, new lines etc etc.

If your power goals arent too rediculous then water/meth is your answer. I dont know what CR your engine is off the top of my head but you will be able to run more psi safely, and it will be alot cheaper than a complete E85 system.

If I get to the point where I want more power one day, but I cant safely because of the onset of detonation, I will definitely be going for water/meth to give me some more room to boost.

So what are your plans mate? You should do a build thread on here to show people what you have got planned

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3221079

Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
michael1990
2 psi

Yeah good man. yeah i have read into it a bit and don't think its worth it for me. I will deffinatly run water/meth injection though.

My power goals are whatever I can achieve on the gt3040 with a 1.06 rear. Would like to push it up into the 24ish psi range to see what it can make with awesome response. From what i was told the old owner had the kit running via a motec and was making 320rwkw with the .82 rear so im hoping for at least that

Atm i have a GE engine i have stripped and i am contemplating forged pistons, rods etc. Other then that i am ordering the parts to make up an FFIM in the next couple off weeks. Engine is currently on hold as the car is in getting a full respray and ridox kit.

I still need to research the ignition side of things a bit more aswell as i dont think the stock dizzy set-up copes above 20psi and it seems hks no longer make a dli for the ge engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ree NZ View Post
How are you Mate??

If you are considering going the E85 route then Im guessing you are well aware of the things you need to do like bigger injectors, bigger pumps, new lines etc etc.

If your power goals arent too rediculous then water/meth is your answer. I dont know what CR your engine is off the top of my head but you will be able to run more psi safely, and it will be alot cheaper than a complete E85 system.

If I get to the point where I want more power one day, but I cant safely because of the onset of detonation, I will definitely be going for water/meth to give me some more room to boost.

So what are your plans mate? You should do a build thread on here to show people what you have got planned

Last edited by michael1990 : 11-10-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
LexusFTW
NA-T Guru

The dizzy is definitely not a problem at 25 psi. There are a few guys running the stock distributor into the 700 HP range.

I worked on an NA-T auto car that was making ~600whp through a TH400 and it was running off the stock dizzy. The only downside was that I was replacing the rotor once a month or so...

What engine management are you going with?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
DrNick
i pwn n00bs

Yeah I was just thinking that too, I'm pretty sure my textbook also says that the distrubutor system doesn't really hold back the power, its more the flexibilty that you get with electronic ignition that helps.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
michael1990
2 psi

Ohh sweet thats the thing i was most concerned about. Ecu will be a full standalone either the aem v2 or a vipec v88.

Last edited by michael1990 : 11-10-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Mr Ree NZ
NA-T Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFTW View Post
The dizzy is definitely not a problem at 25 psi. There are a few guys running the stock distributor into the 700 HP range.

I worked on an NA-T auto car that was making ~600whp through a TH400 and it was running off the stock dizzy. The only downside was that I was replacing the rotor once a month or so...

What engine management are you going with?
Do you mind explaining exactly why the rotor was burning out so fast mate?

Cheers

Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #12
DrNick
i pwn n00bs

One thing off the top of my head is that the system will be more prone to arcing the most boost you run. Air is an insulator so at a certain point the electrical current will start looking for alternate paths to travel because its 'harder' to push the current down the spark plug wire.
Another guess is that if you have pulled a lot of timing the rotor might not be in the best position to fire the spark to the terminal in the cap, so that can make a mess too.
Both just guesses though because I run fuckall boost and havent had to deal with that situation in my car yet.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
LexusFTW
NA-T Guru

DrNick threw out some good guesses but I have absolutely no idea. The car was also running a DLI and I replaced the rotor with a stock Toyota one.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #14
Mr Ree NZ
NA-T Guru

The advanced timing would surely have an effect on the rotor as it would be sending the spark from the leading edge of the button rather than the large central section, leading to heat build up and eventually, failure.

A very small price to pay for big power though. Just keep a spare rotor in the glovebox all the time so you dont get caught short hehe

This is how I meth
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
SteveTangential
in vacuum

This is how I meth

Before I started this new meth setup I needed a back trunk.

More work than I anticipated

My entire plan for the vehicle is pure stealth. I thought, now how can I hide a 5 gallon meth setup?

Yep, a False Sub woofer would be perfect!

You'd never suspect it! Honestly think about it!

Wanted a PITA free setup, so....hinges.(internal

5 gallons of neat meth is dangerous; didn't want any meth to escape.
Check valves allow air in to keep tank from sucking in and caving.

Almost done, more work than it looks like..

Easy fill, box is being reconstructed to barrier tank, air passage will be through box bottom/trunk floor/ spare tire plug to outside.

Ricer:"What are you running?"
Troll Mode Me:Pump Gas....but hey come check out my sub woofer! (fully functional too)

Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #16
SteveTangential
in vacuum

Only interior exterior with me, have new doors and many additions from these old pics...

Last edited by SteveTangential : 04-11-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
PottingMix
in vacuum

Genius hiding it in a sub woofer. The only way it could be better is if it was hidden in a dead body. You could be, Im just running pump gas... but come have a look at this dead hooker in my boot.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
SteveTangential
in vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PottingMix View Post
Genius hiding it in a sub woofer. The only way it could be better is if it was hidden in a dead body. You could be, Im just running pump gas... but come have a look at this dead hooker in my boot.
LOL, "Carry on, just another dead hooker."