> [Archive Only] XSPower > [Archive Only] Customer Installations
Register FAQ Locate Members! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

XS Power 2JZGE FFIM in a MKIII Supra
Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
DegreE
Custom User Title

Trader Ratings: (0)
XS Power 2JZGE FFIM in a MKIII Supra

Okay ladies, a fellow Supraforums member contacted me and sent me the XS Power FFIM for the 2JZGE. He asked me to test fit it onto my Supra for him. So I gladly agreed to do this for him and the MKIII Supra community.

As we know or some of you might not know, this intake manifold was designed for the 2JZGE engine in the MKIV Supra or SC300. I doubt the designers took the MKIII chassis into consideration while developing this piece.

So what I will be doing is confirming any clearance issues with this manifold in the MKIII Supra. I will be checking for the strut tower, brake booster, brake master cylinder, power steering pump and any other dependencies that may come my way.

Upon opening the box I saw the intake manifold nicely packed and wrapped in bubble wrap. I pulled it out and then found a new intake manifold gasket and all the bolts that will be required to bolt this plenum to the stock 2JZGE runners.

Upon further inspection, all the welds looks pretty decent. Nice even bead all the way around. The flange for the throttle body looks a bit rough as in its not a smooth finish on the flange surface itself. Almost like they took a grinding wheel across it. I'm not sure if this would cause an issue with sealing properly. But I would personally do something about this before final installation.

The #6 runner on the 2JZGE engine is just way too close to even think about using a FFIM plenum. If you really wanted a FMIM set-up with this engine swap, your best bet is to completely fabricate a whole intake manifold+runners or somehow retrofit the 2JZGTE intake manifold onto your 2JZGE head and then see if it would still even clear the brake booster.

Overall, if you have a MKIII Supra with a 2JZGE... this manifold will not work unless you make your own runners that were about 2 inches shorter than stock. :/

Fuck your 7M
My Supra
My Dad's Supra
Offline:  

Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
DegreE
Custom User Title

Trader Ratings: (0)
Also, XS Power people...

WTF did you stick your label on the manifold with? It looks very sloppy and unprofessional. Pretty disappointing to find when its the first thing you see.

Fuck your 7M
My Supra
My Dad's Supra

Last edited by DegreE : 01-31-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Offline: